COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Through your interactions with the Platform, AIM-LA collects “personal information,” which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identified individual. Non-personal information means information that does not directly identify an individual. We collect both types of information about you.
The following provides some examples of the type of data that we collect from you:
Database / Registration Information
When you create an Account, we may collect your name, contact information, and other Registration Information. Such information shall be associated with your Account, and you may update such information by editing the information associated with your Account.
We may collect personal information from you, such as your age, photo, or location.
If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address and possibly other personal information, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.
When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we may collect your email address or postal address.
Market Research Studies
We perform marketing research studies to collect data for research purposes. The information you provide is used for research analysis and we analyze the answers in aggregate. Information you provide in response to or in connection with a market research study is and will be provided to our clients or other entities or the public as part of cumulative market research information or statistical data in the ordinary course, but without identifying you individually, directly or indirectly.
We may collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded or sponsored promotion with another company or sponsor. Such information may be shared with the promotion partner or sponsor.
Sensitive Personal Data
We may collect a subset of personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. AIM-LA will collect sensitive personal data with your express consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
In addition to the uses described above, AIM-LA uses the personal information collected in an effort to improve your experience on the Platform, to provide services to you, and to communicate with you about information that you request. AIM-LA may also use personal information to help target specific market research studies to you and to help AIM-LA develop and improve its services. Additionally, AIM-LA may use your personal information:
• To identify you when you access and use any Sites or Applications.
• To administer Accounts.
• To provide services and content to our clients.
• To provide you with products, information and services you request or that may be of interest to you.
• To improve our services and offerings.
• To streamline your checkout process.
• To send marketing and promotional materials related to market research, including information relating to products, services, sales, or promotions.
• To respond to your inquiries related to support, or other requests.
• To conduct research and analysis.
• For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
• Subsidiaries and Acquisitions. We may share your personal information with our corporate subsidiaries and divisions (g., affiliates, parent company, sister companies, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires any AIM-LA subsidiary, division, solutions, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company.
• Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties acting as a controller or as an agent, such as Internet Service Providers (“ISPs”), telecommunications carriers, and other organizations, who are not described elsewhere in this policy, and we may do so with your consent.
• Public. Some of our Sites or Applications provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information at these locations, that information may be publically available.
• Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, plan or facilitate events or travel, conduct surveys, provide technical support, or sending marketing, promotions, and communications related to our business, payment processing, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by law.
AIM-LA has implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect the personal information AIM-LA collects from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Although AIM-LA attempts to protect the personal information in its possession, no security system is perfect, and AIM-LA cannot promise that your personal information will remain absolutely secure in all circumstances.
AIM-LA adheres to the following policies:
1. All personal information obtained shall be lawfully collected, compiled, stored, allowed access to, processed and utilized by AIM-LA.
2. Participation in all research projects is voluntary and respondents may opt out of any research project, at any time. In addition, consent will be obtained prior to the collection of personal information that will be recorded.
3. All personal information obtained shall be treated confidentially, shall be used for research purposes only and shall not be disclosed to any person not employed by AIM-LA or its Sites, except with consent, as required by law or by court order.
5. AIM-LA and Sites adhere to the policy laws of all countries in which we manage research.
6. AIM-LA and Sites will not transfer personal data to a country or territory outside the U.S. or the European Economic Area unless that territory or country ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects.
7. AIM-LA and Sites adhere to research industry Codes and Standards relating to the USA and additionally the country in which each AIM-LA and Sites conducts research.
AIM-LA will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. AIM-LA will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with AIM-LA’s business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
AIM-LA limits the use of personal information to ways that are compatible and relevant to the purposes for which the personal information was collected or subsequently authorized or for which consent was obtained. AIM-LA will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
• Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties acting as a controller or as an agent, such as Internet Service Providers (“ISPs”), telecommunications carriers, and other organizations or AIM-LA’s clients. You can stop receiving promotional emails by submitting a request at the contact in the “Communications” section below or following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. Clicking on an unsubscribe link will take you to a webpage where you can complete the opt-out process. Certain programs will provide a contact for support or other means to remove your name to remove your name from our contact list. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you transactional communications, such as those about your Account, to fulfill requests you have made, to ask you to rate a product you purchased, event you attended, or other service-related communications.
• Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. All requests to correct your information must be directed to the contact in the “Communications” section below.
• Access to Your Personal Information. If required by law (for example, the EU General Data Protection Regulation), upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about a User. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies. All requests may be directed to the contact in the “Communications” section below. You will always have a choice to provide additional information through our online surveys and information on how to “Opt Out” is included in every email invitation and can also be accessed through our website or “Communications” section below.
• Revocation of Consent. We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
• Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize browser signals of tracking preferences, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
• California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties, such as Internet Service Providers (“ISPs”), telecommunications carriers, and other organizations, acting as a controller or as an agent or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Communications” section below.
• European Economic Area Citizens. Where you believe that we have not processed your personal information in accordance with the applicable provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with the respective EU data protection authority (DPA).
AIM-LA safeguards and enables the global transfer of personal information in a number of ways. The following describes some of the protections that are taken with regard to data originating from certain countries:
If your question or concern is not satisfied through this process AIM-LA has further committed to refer unresolved EU-U.S. Privacy Shield complaints to International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact T: 212 484 3281 / F: +1 212.286.0383 or visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html for more information or to file a complaint. The services of International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association are provided at no cost to you. Under certain circumstances, EU individuals may seek redress from the Privacy Shield Panel, a binding arbitration mechanism.
Questions, concerns, or complaints should be directed to our privacy agent as follows:
Assistance In Marketing (“AIM-LA”) (http://www.aimla.com)
310-943-4070 OR 562.981.2700
By Email: email@example.com
Attn: Susan Ludwig, privacy agent
Assistance In Marketing / AIM-LA
3760 Kilroy Airport Way, Suite 100
Long Beach, CA 90806 USA
If AIM-LA is required to contact you about your personal information we may do so by mail, phone, or email.
Effective as of April 16, 2019.